Summer has arrived and with it brings the new 2011 ATV’s. These 2011 ATV’s are the most advanced on the market. With the design of electric power steering, bead lock rims, engine braking, and the new 1000cc ATV class, there is plenty to talk about. I have searched high and low to find the baddest utility ATV on the market. Below is a list of the top 5 rated ATV for 2011. Feel free to leave feedback as we enjoy hearing from the riders.
- Arctic Cat 1000LTD – If you think your ATV is bad to the bone…the meanest on the block…the best there can be. Then you clearly haven’t seen the Arctic Cat 1000. That’s right a 1000 EFI stock from the factory. With the engine displacement falling in at a whopping 951cc, this ATV has all others in 2011 beat by over 100cc, s. That’s crazy power right at the tip of your thumb. Arctic Cat pulled out all the stops and went all out crushing the competition. With electric power steering and the most fuel capacity out of all five ATVs, a 3000lb winch, and with 2wd/4wd electric front differential locks, you will be able to do what you want when you want. I guarantee you. With this machine people will look and wish they had one!
- Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS – The 2011 Polaris falls just shy of first place for one main reason, and that is the motor. Even though it has an 850cc V-twin that has ranked high on the list for years, it was still no match for the new 1000cc of Arctic Cat. Having said that, there are some incredible features that are better than the Arctic Cat. For example, the new engine braking system(EBS), and the On-Demand All Wheel Drive (AWD) 4×4 system which is the best in the business. In simple terms it’s basically the same drive train system that Jeep uses, just smaller in size. To me that screams hill destroyer!! But that’s not all; Polaris has a 12” ground clearance beating the Arctic Cat by 1”. That doesn’t sound like a lot but 1” can make or break you in the all-terrain world. This is definitely one ATV to look into with a very reasonable price tag.
- Can-AM Outlander 800xt-p – Just two years ago the Outlander was at the top of the list. With basically the same ATV in 2011 the competition just passed it up. Packing a 799cc EFI Rotax V-twin engine it makes HUGE power for its size. Can-Am claims it makes 71 HP and the Polaris makes 69 HP making it the second most powerful utility ATV to the Arctic Cat 1000. Can-Am unleashed there new bead lock rims which not only look cool, but will also make sure no rocks will have a chance on causing a flat. The Outlander, in my opinion, is the well-built and possibly the most versatile ATV on the list.
- Kawasaki Brute Force 750 – With the Kawasaki really stepping up their motor department unleashing their own engine braking system, and beefing up the engine displacement to 749cc. The big V-twin is being fueled by a unique DFI fuel injection system pumping fuel thru two 36mm throttle bodies. With the lightest weight of all the ATVs on the list, it helps this ATV keep up with the competition and sometimes leaving them in the dust. The one aspect I was concerned about was the 9.7 ground clearance. That’s over 2” lower than my #1 choice. Let’s face it; if you can’t make it over the obstacle, nothing else really matters. In my opinion this could limit the type of terrain you can ride in. All in all it’s still a great ATV or it wouldn’t have made the top 5.
- Suzuki King Quad 750 AXI –The Suzuki team has always been leaders in the motocross industry, but have lacked in there ATV division. The new 2011 King quad 750 shows they are starting to make head way. With the engine displacement falling in at 722cc’s, just 29cc’s behind fourth place, and 77cc’s behind third place, they are catching up to the competition in a hurry. Since bumping Honda off the list this year, it won’t take long to make this ATV rate mid pack. The King quad 2011 has electronic power steering, Suzuki’s fuel injection, and awesome five way adjustable shock absorbers. They have recently upgraded to the automatic variable v-belt design. This ATV might not be the baddest, or the fastest, but it definitely is a great buy for the price.
Related Articles- Best 2 Up ATV’s For 2012
Top Sport/Racing ATV’s