There is nothing worse than driving down the road and then hearing the sound of something hitting your window. Did it make a mark? Is there a chip? A crack? You search and look your windshield up and down hoping you do not see any evidence of the hit. Then it happens, you see the chip. What do you do next? File a claim with your insurance? Call a repair company to your house? Take it somewhere to fix? The answer is no! You buy a $10 Rain-X Windshield Repair Kit and fix it your self at home! Keep reading to see just how easy it actually is.
1. Make sure your window is very clean.
2. Position windshield repair device so the rubber mouth is directly over the biggest part of the chip.
3. After proper placement is confirmed, tighten the resin chamber until the rubber mouth is in full contact with the windshield. Do not over-tighten as this will make an unusual shape repair.
4. Place 3-6 (depending on the size of the repair) drops of the repair resin into the resin chamber.
5. Tighten the pressure driver into the resin chamber until it is almost fully tightened.
6. Check from inside the vehicle that the rubber mouth has opened wide with the tightening from the pressure driver. Give the repair resin 4-6 minutes to set.
7. Completely unscrew the pressure driver from the resin chamber and remove. This allows any air that may be trapped a way to get out. Repeat #5, but fully tighten this time. Wait another 4-6 minutes.
8. Remove repair device from windshield by breaking the seal on the suction cups. Clean up extra resin that may be on the window.
9. Apply a small drop of resin in any area that is not fully repaired. Quickly cover with the curing strip after the resin is applied. Pull vehicle outside in direct sunlight to help curing process. After the resin has cured, approximately 5-10 minutes, remove curing strip. Continue this process until all areas are repaired. Finish the window by removing all excess resin with a razor blade.
Choosing to do your own window repair is the right choice with this kit. The price and simplicity are unbeatable! Good luck in your repair and let us know if you have any other suggestions!